Senior Interior Designer opportunity with award winning Interior Design Firm.
Location: New York, NY
- Work with principal, design director, project manager and client to establish project goals including design, schedule and budget.
- Design, develop and produce space plans for production.
- Participate in the design development process by generating design concept, translating sketches into working drawings and creating basic details.
- Execute furniture and finish packages utilizing knowledge of product capabilities, applications and cost for bidding and procurement purpose.
- Prepare sketches, 2D and 3D drawings, perspectives, presentation packages and boards.
- Design, develop and produce plans, elevations, details and specifications including furniture, finishes and equipment.
- Produce and review construction drawings. Validate furniture, finishes and equipment specifications during construction documents and construction administration phases to ensure the design intent is well maintained.
- Participate in interviews, programming meetings, design presentations, coordination and construction meetings with clients.
Education: Master Degree in the major of Interior Design
Required knowledge and skills:
- Excellent verbal written and graphic communication skills.
- Highly skilled in producing design drawings and construction documents by AutoCAD(2D graphics and 3D modeling), Revit Architecture(certified by Autodesk Training Center), SketchUp (3D modeling and animation), Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign, Rhino 3D, Microsoft Office.
- Possess a strong understanding of design principals and can utilize them in problem solving.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from programming data to execute preliminary and final space plans. 5. Ability to generate design concept, integrate furniture, finishes and architectural details into design development.
- Knowledgeable in furniture, finishes and materials, lighting, fixtures, FF&E schedules and budgets. Proficiency in millwork detailing, specifications and reviewing shop drawings.
- Ability to design, develop and produce design drawings and construction documents including plans, elevations, details and specifications accurately.
- Ability to manage construction projects effectively and efficiently including budgeting, scheduling, submittals and punch list.
- Possess general knowledge of NYC Building Code. Familiar with ADA standards for accessibility design, Zoning and Land Use Application.
- Possess general knowledge of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environment Design).
- Ability to hand draft plans, 3D perspectives, renderings and create basic details.
Submit Application by Mail
The Switzer Group, Inc.
3 East 54th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10022